Here are 12 things to remember in the workplace:
1. Remember that, first and above anything else, we are human beings and individuals.
2. Remember that before being employees, co-workers, managers, bosses, sales, finance or accounting experts, engineers or designers, we are human beings and individuals.
3. Remember that the individual comes first, the function second. Always.
4.Remember that as individuals and human beings we need and deserve care and attention to understand ourselves, grow and flourish in our uniqueness.
5. Remember that as individuals, we are a holistic eco-system.
6. Remember, as such, that we need to take care of our physical, mental and emotional well-being.
7. Remember that work is part of life, and it cannot be separated. As such stress from certain areas of our life affect other areas.
8. Remember that a hidden wound is not a healed wound.
9. As such, remember to share what’s on your mind and on your heart.
10. Remember that it’s ok to feel angry, hurt, stress, sad, happy, lazy, joyful.
11.Remember not to keep it to yourself and share with others. Because remember we are human beings. We share each other’s pain to relieve its burden and share each other’s joys. Just because.
12. Lastly, remember it’s ok to be who you are. Remember to be who you are. No matter what.
Because, in the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, remember:
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
At Talenox, those are words we live by.